Do you want to win a free trip to Los Angeles and a free ticket to PDC 2009? Do you think you have what it takes to win $17,777? Do you think you can write an amazing Windows 7 application?
Well, if your answer to any of the above question is "Yes!" then say hello to the Code7 Contest. The Code7 contest is where your application design ingenuity gives you the opportunity to get millions of eyes on your work, plus a trip to LA for PDC09, and up to $17,777 in cash!
Code7 is a special coding contest for developers. It is a great opportunity to show the world your creativity and coding powers. It is a way for you to cash in on your knowledge and skills.
This is not just another standard code contest; this contest gives the finalists the opportunity to present their application at PDC 2009 in LA. The first prize is a real gem: $17,777 in cash, the opportunity to present the application to Microsoft executives at PDC 2009, plus worldwide interest in your application including a massive “marketing bump” for your application.
To enter, you must:
Build an original, consumer-oriented client application prototype that runs natively on Windows 7 (for example Win32, WPF, MFC or WinForms – not an Air application or just a gadget) and addresses one or more of the following topic categories:
- Simplify My Life
- More Media, More Places
- Work From Anywhere
- Safeguard Your Work
- Applications for a Better Tomorrow
The application must use at least one of the following Windows 7 technology features; however, judging will give more weight to entries that take advantage of more than one of these features:
- Windows Touch
- Shell Integration
- DX11 (DirectX 11)
- Sensor and Location Platform
So if you have being following my blog you have some advantage.
The contest has several stages and few rules you need to be aware of:
- To enter this contest you must create and submit a video in which you describe and demonstrate your application.
- The first qualifying round starts at 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time (PT) on July 13, 2009, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on October 10, 2009 (“Entry Period”). You will be able to able to submit your video until midnight October 10, 2009. Your entry will be included in a pool with all eligible entries based on your geographical region.
- Entries received by 11:59 p.m. PT on August 15, 2009, will be eligible to win an “Early Bird” prize described in the Winner Determination section below.
- Following the close of the first qualifications, a panel of judges will select two runner-up winners and one Finalist from each Region.
- Following judging, Microsoft will notify all winners and finalists and provide instructions for submitting their applications for evaluation.
- Finalists will be invited to present their applications to a panel of judges at the Microsoft Partner Developer Conference 2009 (PDC09) in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
So, what are you waiting for? Get going and start working on your Windows 7 application!